Preparing, Arriving, Boarding
- Keep it light! Pack as if you were traveling by plane.
- Consolidating small pieces into one suitcase/container is recommended.
- Be sure to tag each piece of luggage with your reservation name and phone number – Luggage tags are available at the terminal.
- Pack all items in closed containers, such as suitcases or zippered bags. Open bags such as grocery bags will be refused.
- Carry on any necessities, such as food or medication in case your checked luggage must be shipped on a different boat.
- Plan to purchase or rent items on the island
- Daufuskie does have a small grocery store and a Saturday farmer’s market.
- Many rentals include play pens, and high-chairs. Check with your rental agent.
- There are companies that rent kayaks, bikes and beach chairs.
- Be prepared to pay the crew for their luggage handling services
- $10 for loading up to half a baggage cart
- $20 for loading up to a full baggage cart
- The ferry company has the right to refuse any item which could hamper the safe operation of the ferry including unusually large items or items with sharp edges.
- NO Coolers or totes with capacities larger than 60-quarts
- Excessive amounts of luggage are not guaranteed to be sent on the same ferry due to Coast Guard weight restrictions. If luggage must be shipped on a different boat, it will come on the next available departure time which could be the following morning. It is recommended that passengers carry their essentials with them (medications, necessary or cold food items, etc) in case they are needed.
- Luggage tickets can be purchased from the ferry agent when checking in.
- First piece of baggage under 50 lbs. is complimentary
- For additional baggage, the cost will be $12 per 50 lbs.
- Items such as furniture, appliances, tools, landscape and building materials, etc)
- One-way Up to a half of a baggage cart of freight $25 per 1/2 bin
- One-way More than half and up to a full baggage cart of freight $50 per full bin
- Bicycles One-way (bring your own bike) $9 per seat
- Kayaks One-way (bring your own kayak) $12 per seat
- Unaccompanied Parcels One-way (no charge for transporting medications) $22 per item
Pack sparingly – The island lifestyle is VERY casual.
Tag each of your bags with your name and cellphone number.
Make sure all your bags are closed or zippered to avoid spillage.
Plan to carry on all your valuables, medications and breakable items.
Consider using a grocery shopping service to deliver your groceries to you at the dock:
Leave any luggage or other items that you cannot carry on by yourself on the loading platform for assistance by a luggage handling service provider.
Make sure you have a golf cart, bicycle, or land transportation waiting for you when you arrive on Daufuskie.
We thank you for choosing the Daufuskie Island Ferry. If you have any questions, please call us at 843-940-7704T
Still have questions?
We have answers...
For more information on planning your trip to Daufuskie Island please visit the link below. If you still have questions we’d be happy to assist you and helping you plan your travel. Don’t hesitate to call us at 843-940-7704. Safe Travels.